Say 'NO' to more odors in your community!
This website was created to inform you of the future plans that will directly affect all residents living near the Sprint Landfill located at 16007 W Bellfort Blvd, Sugar Land, TX 77498. Here, you will have the simplest methods to protest the approval of a permit for Sprint to acquire the rights to a sludge facility on their existing property, thanks to the many neighbors who have collaborated together.
Please do this as soon as possible! The last day to protest is August 26!
Steps to Oppose Proposed Sewage Treatment Facility (Have EVERY adult and teenager in your household do this!)
1. Sign the petition and leave a comment: (request a public meeting).
2. Post a comment on the TCEQ Website:
· Follow this link to TCEQ Website http://www14.tceq.texas.gov/epic/eComment/
· Type WQ0005189000 into the blank that says “PERMIT NUMBER” and then click NEXT
· Fill in the information on the form.
· Cut and paste any of the attached letters, in the 'Sample Letters' tab, into the comments section personalizing the copy in bold or write your own making sure to include:
o Your name
o Your address
o The estimated distance from your house to the proposed site
o How you will be injured by the sewage treatment facility
o Request a public meeting and submit
3. Mail a copy of the letter you chose to TCEQ at:
Office of the Chief Clerk, MC 105
PO Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
4. Contact your Texas State Legislators:
a. Follow this link and input your address. It will give you the contact information for your state senator and representative. http://www.fyi.legis.texas.gov/Address.aspx
i. Call them and tell them you want the Senator or Representative to encourage TCEQ’s Executive Director to refer the West Bellfort Road Sludge Processing Facility (Permit # WQ0005189000) for a public meeting and to help you ensure that this permit is not granted. Ask them who to email at their office.
ii. Email the letter you chose in step 1 above adding that you want the Senator or Representative to encourage TCEQ’s Executive Director to refer the West Bellfort Road Sludge Processing Facility (Permit # WQ0005189000) for a public meeting and to help you ensure that this permit is not granted.